When trials comes your way and you don’t know what to do, your mind becomes so busy trying to figure a solution to the problem. The mind works overtime burning more calories that you can ever imagine. Although I might not be in the medical profession, I assume that when you mind is pressured with so many thoughts, you burn more calories. When this happens depression steps in gradually and your physical well being becomes affected. The mind is the battlefield to unlock your breakthrough to victory and prosperity. Renew your mind to the ways and things of God. Change the negative thoughts of frustration, confusion and disbelief to meditating on the word, God’s ways and thoughts. Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God,even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you] Romans 12:2 amp. His plans and purpose in your lives is full of promises and abundance of His love.
So how do you renew your mind to be in alignment with His word, will and purpose. I have faced challenges and been in situations that tried to mess up my mind and make me think that I am worthless, unloved and a loser. At some point it tried to suppress me till I could not stand anymore. But thank God I am a living testimony that I am walking with the Lord as He directs my path and my mind is completely renewed to His ways, will and purpose. The devil might try some stupid tactics but I am more than a step ahead of him because I humbly submitted myself to God. Here are seven key ways to renewing your mind and this has helped me tremendously:
- MEDITATE ON THE WORD: Study the bible and meditate on the word until it becomes a part of you. Let His words be solidly rooted in your heart (Psalm 119:105, Hebrews 4:12, Joshua 1:8)
- CAST DOWN EVERY THOUGHTS THAT EXALTS ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD: Taking authority over every word that is not in alignment with His words and promises over your life, rendering them powerless in obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- CONFESS HIS WORDS DAILY: Confess with your mouth what His words says over every situation. Decree and declare what be not as though they were. Speaking to yourself encourages your spirit especially during challenging times (Proverbs 18:21, Romans 4:17, Romans 10:9-10, Jeremiah 1:9-10).
- ASSOCIATE WITH LIKE MINDED CHRISTIANS: Surround yourself around people who would always be there to encourage you, share the word and fellowship with you. Find at least two prayer partners that you can pray with and stand in agreement with you (Matthew 18:20, 1 John 1:6-7).
- PRAY: Be in constant communion with the Lord, seek His heart in all that you do. Seek Him daily, open your heart to Him and permit Him to deal with every issue that seems to be a stumbling block or stronghold. Be willing to receive and hear from Him
- PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM: The key to your breakthrough is in your praises and worship that proceeds from your mouth. Praise Him with your whole heart, spirit, body and soul. Reverence God in submission and obedience. (Psalm 100:4, Psalm 149, Genesis 22:1-13)
- STAND IN TRIUMPHANT VICTORY: When you have done it all STAND and do not give up on God. Stand in triumphant victory for Christ has paid it all on the cross. Therefore there is no cause for you to suffer anymore. A divine exchange took place when He was crucified on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:56-58, Galatians 3:13-14). KEEP STANDING and DO NOT GIVE ON GOD.