In the past years I have been a victim of my spoken words. I have spoken negative, depressive, hopeless, destructive and deadly words based on my life experiences. The amount of times I cursed, condemned someone or used profane languages was countless. A lot of changes to my spoken words has gradually taken effect because of my relationship with the Lord. So I thought about writing a post on power in your spoken words and its impact on how it can turn circumstances around from death to life, brokenness to complete restoration, curses to blessings, barrenness to fruitfulness and so on.
The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit Proverbs 15:4 NIV.
The authority and power you have in your words is very effective in your daily life. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit Proverbs 18:21 NKJV. Your spoken words births forth whatever you send it out to speak. You offspring of vipers! How can you speak good things when you are evil (wicked)? For out of the fullness (the overflow, the super abundance) of the heart the mouth speaks Matthew 12:34 Amp. Whatever you have filled your mind with, whatever you spend your time doing or learning, the fullness or abundance of your heart is what comes out of your mouth. Imagine if your heart was a storehouse, what would it be filled up with? Are you solidly rooted in the word of God and what it says over every situation?
Renew your mind to the things of God, fill your heart with words of joy, peace, encouragement, life and truth for faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17). Studying the word until it becomes a part of you in readiness to bring life back into any circumstances. The Lord has given us authority to call forth that which be not as though they were (Romans 4:17).
Here are five points on how your spoken words impacts lives:
- Permits: Your spoken words gives authorisation for that which you said to happen. The Lord has given you authority on this earth to bind and loose, whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever you break loose on earth is loosed in heaven (Matthew 18:18). You have a divine access to decree and declare with the authority already invested in you through Christ Jesus. Then the Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said, “Look, I have put my words in your mouth! 10 Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms. Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow. Others you must build up and plant” Jeremiah 1:9-10 NLT
- Produces: The words you speak is like seed sent forth to yield fruit. When a seed is sown into the ground it yields fruit, either good or bad fruit. Your spoken words produces life or death. When you sow joy, peace, meekness and other fruits of the spirits it produces life in the spirit as sons and daughters of the Most high God who has an inheritance in His kingdom. A good fruit cannot bear bad fruit neither can a bad fruit bear good fruit ( Matthew 7:18). The words sown in your heart when spoken produces life or death in any challenges that you experience.
- Positions: It places you in a place to receive everything the Lord has in store for you. As you keep confessing with your mouth the blessings, covenant of God, the Lord sets you in the right place of abundance of His love, grace and faithfulness. Your spoken words authoritatively stands and keeps you in a position to receive all that He has in store for you according to His will, purpose and desire. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful Hebrews 10:23 NKJV.
- Activates: Your words causes something to happen, it creates an activation in the spirit realm that causes a manifestation to occur in the physical. The Lord sent forth His word to produce life and accomplished all its works according to His will and desires. So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it Isaiah 55:11 NKJV.
- Reacts: When challenges comes your way, the manner you react to the challenge you are facing at that point determines the results of your action. When someone tries to get on your nerves and speaks discouraging words to you, how you deal with the situation determines the cause of action. Sometimes its best to keep silent or when you do speak select carefully your words. Your spoken words could help dissolve matters or silence helps control the diffusion of the matters. Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips Psalm 141:3 NLT. Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.20 Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires James 1:19-20 NLT.
If you are in a difficult situation with loss of hope, frustration and you have spoken words of discouragement, disappointment that has kept you in a worse predicament. Now is the time to change the words you speak and start trusting God at His word and promises over your life. By Activating what the word of God declares over the situation and standing solidly rooted in His word. Shut every access for the enemy to step into your life and cause more havoc and permit the Lord to bring healing, restoration, breakthroughs and abundance of His grace. The little steps of faith you take would make a massive impact over your life.
Photo Credit: Flickr