A few months ago I wrote about entering into a place of rest and why it is so important to find rest in Him. Also I gave a brief description of spiritual rest . Today I will be expanding further, digging in deeper on how to enter into a place of rest. It is the Lord’s utmost desire that we find rest, peace and soundness of mind in Him.
Living a life of remaining in His rest in the midst of the ups and downs of life or challenges we experience is all about taking our intimacy with the Lord to a deeper and higher level. It starts with the hunger and thirst of seeking Him more than ever, being fed with the bread of life and drinking from the fountain of His living water. I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me Proverbs 8:17 NKJV. He longs for us to seek His face every minute and second of the day.
So how do you enter into a place of rest? it starts by our Permitting Him to come into our heart and take complete perfect control. There needs to be a desire to submit and surrender our spirit, body and soul. The Lord has given us the freedom of choice to accept Him or disconnect from God. However because He is God, our creator He has the authority to gain access into our hearts without our consent in some exceptional cases in the Bible like Jonah and Saul who had divine encounters with the Lord so that His name be glorified.
Come into His presence with a thankful heart, praising Him for all He has done, is doing and about to do. It does not matter how painful, difficult, depressing, bitter and crushed you are. Think about His love, mercies, faithfulness, mercies and grace.
Below are five ways to enter into His place of rest based on my experience.
- Be Still: Requires that you clear your mind off every worries, stress, complaining over issues you have not control over. Be Still and acknowledge God as the author and finisher of your faith. Psalm 46:10, 1 Kings 19:11-12
- Obedient to His Words: The Joshua Generation entered His rest because they were obedient to His instructions, promisess and His words did not depart from them. They meditated on it day and night. They followed His path and did not deviate to the left or right. Joshua 1:7-9, Joshua 21:43-45
- Remain in Him: Remain in the Him no matter the cost. Let nothing whatsoever separate you from the love of God so that your joy will overflow. This means you keeping your eyes fixed on Him and He will keep your in perfect peace. John 15:11, Isaiah 26:3
- His Grace: His grace is enough to see you through the turbulent times. Walk with Him and He would work it out. Take His yoke and He will give you complete rest. Matthew 11:28-30, 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
- Faith and believe: It is difficult to enter His rest if you do not believe that He is able to do more than you could ever ask or imagine. We have a faithful God who has never failed us. Therefore ask God through the power of the Holy Spirit to help your unbelief. With God all things are possible.
May the good Lord strengthen, guide and bring you to the place of complete rest in Him. May He keep you there and you remain in His presence. For in His is fullness of joy and perfect peace. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Photo Credit: Flickr