After so many months of training to be a roadworthy driver, I am glad to say that I have passed my practical driving test for the first time ever in my life. It takes a lot of courage and determination to keep persevering in life to achieve your set goals. A while ago I wrote a post about how the Lord leads me using the challenges I experienced on my journey to pass my practical driving test and relating it to my relationship with The Lord. I spoke about the four key mistakes made which were not listening to instructions, not applying the right instructions, fear of the unknown and scared of large vehicles, And these were applied to my daily walk with the Lord .
Driving is a lifetime skills that requires taking ownership and responsibilities. My focus this time would be on how I passed my driving test successfully and would use my experience in application to my relationship with the Lord. Here are seven key points that I used to scale through and how He leads me:
- Took note of my faults and correct them: When I made silly mistakes my instructor got really disappointed with me occasionally because he knew I could do better than that. When mistakes have been made or the wrong path taken, I confess my sins and flaws to Him, keeping it real with the willingness to listen and to obey His instruction and counsel. Proverbs 3:12
- Aim for perfection: There are points for every minor faults made and a major faults could cause instant failure. My main objective was to avoid all major faults and reduce all minor faults so I aimed for perfection. In my walk with the Lord, I know I am not perfect so I cover myself under His grace, the righteousness of Christ. So in Him I live and move. Romans 3:24, Acts 17:28.
- Did not allow my weakness to supersede: Being aware of my weaknesses, ensured that it did not take hold of me. The Lord knows my weaknesses and strengths but in my weaknesses I find strength in Him by His grace. 1 Corinthians 1:3-5, 1 Corinthians 15:10.
- Spoke to my heart : During my driving lessons, I encouraged myself by speaking to myself that I can drive, speaking positive words into my heart. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, with Him on my side I have got nothing to worry about. Philippians 4:13.
- Determination and perseverance: There were times when I felt like giving up, every negative thoughts and reasons why I should not continue with the lessons cropped up into my mind. However my determination and perseverance to achieve my set goal kept me pressing on and hard. In life challenges I stand firmly in the Lord who sees me through it all. 2 Corinthians 4:8, Philippians 3:12.
- Grace: On the day of my test, I had a good examiner who made me feel so comfortable during the test. Some call it luck but I say its the favour of the Most High God. His grace covers me like a shield. Psalms 5:12.
- Prayer: I prayed to God and He heard my cry. When you seek Him, you will find Him and when you ask you shall receive. Matthew 7:7
Photo Credit: Flickr